On Monday 28 January 2002 4:29 pm, you wrote:
> Sorry
>
> But the future of home desktop computing belongs to the game cubes,
> playstations and Xboxs of the world.  With a few handhelds thrown in there
> some place.

I would agree to some extent.  The new iMac doesn't look anything like a
traditional PC.  Apple seems to be moving in this direction.  Eventually the
PC will evolve into an "appliance"  with more underlying complexity.
Besides, you can do alot with handheld devices already.

> I don't much care for Linux destops anymore than I do Windows.   The noise
> to function ratio is way to high. The great thing about Linux is having a
> choice so I definitly want to see it grow.

Check this site for alternative application ideas:

http://www.scopeware.com/home_ie/index_flashie.htm