Hmm, XBox running Linux. Now that is plain delicious.

Sorry, I prefer to get my work done on real computers, not toys.

I know the Xbox can probably eat my computer for breakfast speedwise, but it
comes with a whole boatload of stuff I don't need, nor want. I can still
modify my beige box to my needs and wants. Now I have an OS that I can modify
to my needs and wants. Perfect.

Also, the rest of the world cannot afford Xboxes or playstations. For the
rest of the world having an OS that is up2date and can still run on a Pentium
200 MHz is a boon.

When I go to Palestine this summer I'll be carting a boatload of RedHat 7.2
with me. Anybody who wants their favorite distribution Evangelized can pass
me a CD or two along. I'll be happy to give them to the local universities
and organizations. I am sure the CS departments would like good, clean copies
since bandwidth is at a premium. Emphasizing distros with Arabic and Hebrew
support. (French, Spanish and various other European languages are another
boon, but they seem supported.)

So until the world can afford Xboxes they'll stick to old, knocked-up and
knocked-off (read low-grade Chinese and Taiwanese crap) computers. With EXT3
Linux is a good thing as well since it preserves data with system crashes and
power failures (huge bane in the ME and Africa) pretty well.

The Linux community could open a huge field for itself providing consultation
to the 2nd and Third world in setting up servers on Linux boxes and desktops.

Samir M. Nassar
RedConcepts.NET