On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 03:22:22AM -0600, Rick Engebretson wrote:

> The fundamental frequencies such as clock frequency are not the only
> problem. The harmonics are way up in the spectrum but are also the most
> easily shielded.

Usually, but not always.

> The Fourier transform of a square wave digital pulse includes many
> sine wave components of many multiples of the fundamental frequency.

Well, this is true, but it's kind of a tautology.  But, (having erased
the mathematical post I was about to write about Fourier sine series
and even harmonics) sharper corners means more harmonics.  Computers
make a lot of them.

Maybe for a meeting (or installfest) it'd be fun if we hauled in an RF
spectrum analyzer, and let everyone see how much RF was generated.  Or
check their individual boxes and see how icky/good they looked -- just
for fun, of course.

With notice, I might be able to help arrange this, though I know there
are a couple of others on the list who could too.

--
www.rephil.org

"Trying to do something with your life is like
sitting down to eat a moose." --Douglas Wood