-----Original Message-----
From:	Thomas T. Veldhouse [SMTP:veldy at veldy.net]
Sent:	Monday, January 14, 2002 1:38 PM
To:	tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject:	Re: [TCLUG] Static electricity (and an offer to buy)

While I can not dismiss your claims about short wave interference, I can
say
I have run many computers without a case for extended periods of time and
not run into any such interference.  No AM or FM interference (although I
don't listen to much AM -- occasional WCCO 830AM).  No interference that I
note.  On the contrary, I can often here my cell phone negotiating with the
tower on my FM Stereo in my car (and it is a new and quality system).
Nobody has shown up at my door.  There is a HAM guy in my [old]
neighborhood
that has a tower up behind his garage.  No word from him either.

Yes, I agree, use a steel case and put a nice plastic or wood case around
it.

Tom Veldhouse
veldy at veldy.net