Actually, as a Free software zealot I don't know of any reason to run
Domino on Linux except for the runtime access to a unix OS. This is only
applicable to custom development that depend on OS features. Unless you or
the client are doing that a move to Linux will be a disservice.  Consider
this: Domino on the 2.2 kernel is slow compared to Win32. The reason has
something to do with the threading or processes or something.  There is a
relatively low limit supported of database connections (it's a filehandle
resource issue) especially when compared to Win32. 2.4 is supposed to be
faster and have a more reasonable connection limit (look this up
yourself). According to recent Linux advocates 2.4 isn't ready for
enterprise use. So... don't use Domin for Linux except for smaller
workgroup/departmental servers. You'll be better served by putting it on
Win32.

That said, I'd still *like* to use Domino with Linux. It's just not
practical for production use. Oh yeah, did I mention how there isn't much
talent out there that is used to Domino on Linux vs Domino on Win32? There
are more people able to support the Windows configuration.

Joshua b. Jore
Minneapolis Ward 3, precinct 10
http://www.greentechnologist.org