Well we all have to follow the rules to some extent.  Not that I would
actually turn anyone in, but this activity is increasing and there is only so
much bandwidth available at anyone time using XYZ technology.

How would my neighbors feel if I setup a multi-band 100W RF repeater in my
backyard?  The FCC forbids it and every radio reciever within several
hundred yards would get stepped on by my RF traffic (interference), but
hey...if I can get away with it why not.  I'm bucking the rules, I'm my own
service provider, I'm cool.  And in a very short while...I'm off.

Cable modem service is $40-50 bucks a month.  I get a guarenteed minimum of
service provided users follow certain policies.  I don't think this business
model is new to anyone.  When this certain class of bandwidth use is
specified and allowed by AT&T, host to your hearts content.  Until then, pay
to use the many  accepted hosting services.  Nuff said.