On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 08:24:04AM -0600, Dave Sherman wrote:

> Unless you are planning on hosting a lot of domains and you need a lot
> of configurability, I would advise letting someone else do your DNS.
> When you register a domain with Verio (and other companies) they will do
> your DNS for free, even if you don't host your site with them. That's
> what I did with my wife's domain. On our LAN, we have a Linux server
> doing DNS, but it is only local, providing the non-routing addresses we
> use internally.

See also

http://soa.granitecanyon.com

but don't expect that to teach you everything you need to know (if
you're new to DNS.)  On the other hand, I was able to get mine
working, and still don't know everything I need to know. ;)

--
"Trying to do something with your life is like
sitting down to eat a moose." --Douglas Wood