eric wrote:

> Perry Hoekstra wrote:
> >
> > Within the /etc/ppp/options file, I placed:
> >
> > requires-pap
> > login
> > name myloginname
> >
> > where myloginname is entered in the pap-secrets file as shown above.
> > However, when I try this, the pppd daemon just hangs.  Does anyone else
> > login into USWest succesfully?  If so, can you share what are the secret
> > steps to enter this portal?
> >

> As a test to see if it's USWest problem or on your box still, try
> connecting to BattleFoundry (it's an isp that I work for).  This will at
> least help target where your problem is...

Eric:

Thank you very much for the support!  I was able to finally get my problem
resolved but not before I could prove to myself that I could log in through
pap into BattleFoundry.  I looked at your site for your rates.  If USWest does
move me over to MSN (though I have not heard anything from them), I will be
looking you guys up.  The only reason I don't now is the thought of having to
change my email address.  It would cut out the spam for awhile (but it would
still seek me out), but too many people have my address.

--
Perry Hoekstra
E-Commerce Architect
perry.hoekstra at talentemail.com