eric wrote:

> Perry Hoekstra wrote:
> >
> > I looked at the PPP Howto and it did not describe how to add PAP
> > authentication
> > in my scripts.  Do you have a source on how to enable PAP?
> >

> If you are using pppd as the underlying ppp mechanism (most likely the
> case under linux) you need to add the login option to /etc/ppp/options
> file (information about this can be found in the pppd manpage)
>
> login username
>
> you also need to add username to /etc/ppp/pap-secrets file with the
> password
>
> the format of the pap-secrets file is described in the manpage for pppd,
> but it goes something like this
>
> username ppp0 password
>
> password is in plaintext
>
> Eric

Within the /etc/ppp/options file, I placed:

requires-pap
login
name myloginname

where myloginname is entered in the pap-secrets file as shown above.
However, when I try this, the pppd daemon just hangs.  Does anyone else
login into USWest succesfully?  If so, can you share what are the secret
steps to enter this portal?

By the way, thank you Eric for all your effort.

--
Perry Hoekstra, MS
E-Commerce Architect
perry.hoekstra at talentemail.com