So that's almost vanilla normal. You said the problem shows up for
hda1. How about hda{2-3,5-6}? If the error is consistent across the device
then perhaps it's driver issue. Another possibility that I hadn't
considered before was that your partition and/or your windows filesystem
is somehow unusual. How do you feel about posting the contents of your
superblock and/or the partition boot record from hda1?

That dmesg would still be nice.

Joshua b. Jore
Minneapolis Ward 3, precinct 10
http://www.greentechnologist.org