> I'm doing some shuffling of some systems, and I've got a question.
> I know *HOW* to partition drives, but frankly I'm finding partitions
> to be more of an asset than a liability.

I think you meant, more of a liability than an asset, or perhaps less of an
asset than a liability...  ;P

Another reason for partitioning a *nix system is security.  By locating your
/usr branch on a different partition than / you prevent certain types of
vulernabilities.  I don't remember the specifics, but I remember reading
about them in "Maximum Linux Security" by "Anonymous".  Maybe someone else
knows.  Of course, for a single-user system in your home, I don't think this
really applies in any meaningful way.

Dan