On Fri, 2002-01-11 at 21:18, Kelly Black wrote:
> On that note, has anybody used a Mosix cluster?  What results are you seeing.
>  I run a few machines full time at home for various tasks that need to be
> kept separate (i.e. different gateways to the internet) and I was wondering
> if I could set up a Mosix cluster to supplement my wife's box (running Slack
> 8) by having it use the cluster to speed up processes that spawn many
> sub-processes.

I haven't done it, but I'm thinking about clustering the three machines
on my home network.  Most of the time, my wife's and daughter's machines
aren't doing anything, and putting them to work would be kind of neat.
The latest Mandrake cooker does come with rpms for mosix kernels and
utilities.

--
There's a widow in sleepy Chester