I don't know but I thought they were very strict about getting permits &
inspections.  Was your seller required to have the house inspected and
brought up
to code before he could sell?  Maybe someone else knows for sure?

FYI - I also don't know when Minneapolis considers that you've crossed
the line
between "connecting two computers together" (informal activity) to
"wiring a
home" (needs city permit and inspection).