After being a MicroCrap user for over 13 years I made the move to Linux last
week and I am not looking back.

Now I run Windows 2000 and Red Hat Linux 7.2 with KDE and I am a happy man. I
do all my day to day stuff on Linux (email, news, Slashdot) and I use Windows
only for some dedicated applications.

Before this becomes too Off Topic I just want to second the opinion of using
7.2 as a newbie.

It is a breeze to install. I was able to install it alongside Windows without
too many problems.

It is beautiful to watch.

It is easy to use if WinBlows is all you know.

I am sure there are other distributions of Linux and I suppose they are just
as good, but I am not going to muck around with multiple installations or
anything like that. At least not until I know more about controlling my
system.

So sit down, install Red Hat from Scratch and live the high life.

Samir M. Nassar
RedConcepts.NET