On Thursday 10 January 2002 08:49 pm, you wrote:
<snip>
> So, now that I have undoubtedly done the equivalent of casting 8th level
> wizard spell "Incendiary Cloud" upon myself, I just want to make one more
> point before countering with 3rd level "Protection from Fire"....
<snip>
> Okay.  I'm done.  Have at me, y'all.  I fully expect to be burned to a
> crisp, despite the Protection from Fire spell....it only lasts for a few
> rounds, you know.

Wow!  Well I played AD&D too Dan and at least you didn't cast the 2nd level
spell of "Stinking Cloud" (p.72 of Players Handbook) by accident.  Besides,
the guy is at least using Linux.  His daughter, whom seems inexorably (sp)
tied to MS and Win98 may be caught in the 8th level spell of "Trap the Soul"
(p.92) cast by the Evil Emporer Bill Gates.  Ahh well...I had better get back
to my Jan. '83 issue of Dragon magazine and this little joke from "Wormy":

Q: Whats the difference between a dwarf who digs for ore, and an ogre who
waits too long at a classy restaurant?

A: One knows his pick...and the other picks his nose!  ha.ha.ha....