On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 12:00:31PM -0600, shawn wrote:

> "Non-disclosure" agreements preventing you from saying "exactly"
> what you do?  First I've heard of that.  I've only heard that you
> can't say who your it for.

Well, contracts can be drawn up for any scenario people can imagine.
I've heard of this one, though it's not that common in these parts.

On the other hand, my Dad was contracted (forget if it was his
consulting firm or through DEC Software Services) to write some
software for Los Alamos Nat'l Labs years ago, which was basically some
sort of inventory database.

Even though he had a "Q" clearance (fairly high -- though I don't know
the whole classified system), they never did (or would or could) tell
him what the "items" his database had to keep track of were.

So, there's non-disclosure where you can't tell, and there's
non-disclosure where you don't even _know_!

--
"Trying to do something with your life is like
sitting down to eat a moose." --Douglas Wood