I decided to try my config file on a production server.  Loaded up dhcpd from the same RPM, copied my dhcpd.conf file from the non-working machine.  Dhcpd started up with no complaints.  Guess I just got something really weird going on with my test machine, must be time to blow it away and reinstall.

And, no it wasn't already running on that machine.  That was my first thought when I was trying to figure it out.  Just must have something really fishy with that setup.

Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions, though.

Mike Patchen
IT Technician
City Of Chaska
952-448-2851 x293
mpatchen*at*chaska.net

>>> "Austad, Jay" <austad at marketwatch.com> 01/05/02 01:25PM >>>
Actually, it looks like dhcpd is already running, and you are trying to
start two copies of it.  do a "ps ax | grep dhcpd" and see if it's already
going.  It's probably being started on boot.

<snip>