On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 08:58:13AM -0600, Scott Dier wrote:

> Except that the fact that w2k server is the only real way to compare to
> linux, since it actually has true remote administration capibilities.

You can't go on those merits alone, while working at Xerox I used PCAnywhere
and VNC to run the daily reboot scripts on about 50 internal servers, running
from building to building when they failed to come back up (rebooting daily
was the only way to be reasonably sure that they wouldn't randomly crash)

These were Windows98, NT 3.51 and NT 4.0 servers.

I'm still waiting for 'console on serial port' support for Windows, otherwise
you'll be plonking down a few hundred dollars *per server* for one of those
KVM switches that allow you to connect to it via TCP/IP.