I got thru this problem yesterday.  Both FTP and TELNET were not installed  when I installed REDHAT 7.2.  So you need to make sure that "xientd", "telnet" and "wu-ftpd" are installed (rpm -q xientd, rpm -q telnet, rpm -q
wu-ftpd) and if not install them.  Then go to "/etc/xinetd.d" directory and you'll see files "wu-ftpd" ad "telnet".  Edit these files, look at the last line that says "disable      yes" and change "yes" to "no".  Then
reboot.

LarryC