| I'd be careful about using WINE.  The security guides all suggest that
| emulators are a big no-no.  The problem is that they all must bust the
| Unix protection model pretty much.  There must be a mess of stuff in
| there running suid root, at the very least....
|
| XMMS runs fine.  IMHO if you have to run musicmatch, I'd recommend
| running windows.

But...
Wine Is Not an Emulator. :) From my limited understanding it maps the
windows system calls to their Linux equivlents, allowing the windows
binary to run nativly. AFAIK, you don't need any setuid stuff to run wine.

MusicMatch even has a "Linux" version of their software. Just for kicks
and giggles I installed it. It's not a true port, but a wine hack. Maybe
they tweaked their code to work better in wine, but like crossover, Corel
Office, and others it includes it's own Wine install.

All well and good I suppose as long as it works.

I'm sticking with grip, xmms, and Ogg Vorbis myself. :)

Andrew S. Zbikowski | http://www.ringworld.org
	"I MIGHT be DANGEROUS!" --The Tick