    l> On Thu, 2002-01-03 at 22:05, DCsk8r34 at aol.com wrote:
    >> Hello, I have Redhat Linux 7.2 and I was wondering if it is
    >> possible to listen to mp3's under linux, and if so what program
    >> would I need. Thanks Alot.

    l> xmms is a Winamp wannabe (formerly called X11amp, go figure)

    l> Musicmatch jukebox now runs decently well under WINE, just go
    l> to musicmatch.com and download the linux version.  I prefer
    l> Musicmatch under Windows for tracking all my MP3s so I'm glad
    l> to see it running under linux halfway decently.

I'd be careful about using WINE.  The security guides all suggest that
emulators are a big no-no.  The problem is that they all must bust the
Unix protection model pretty much.  There must be a mess of stuff in
there running suid root, at the very least....

XMMS runs fine.  IMHO if you have to run musicmatch, I'd recommend
running Windows....