On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 07:54:30AM -0600, Leif Hvidsten wrote:
> >The only problem with it is that it runs on kernel 2.2.x, so you don't have
> >stateful packet handling.  And, they say right up front that they simply
> >pass anything through that is above port 1024, which is of course where all
> >the trojans hide :(
>

> Thanks for the info...I wasn't aware of this.  Could you tell me where they
> say this "up front"?  I seem to have missed it...thanks!  I'm guessing,
> then, that BBIagent wouldn't have this vulnerability since it's based on the
> 2.4 kernel?

Sorry, but if you do a 'ipchains -P forward DENY' before you set up
any further ipchains or ipmasqadm portfw rules, I don't see that this
is any sort of problem.  I thought that blocked all forwarding,
period, end of paragraph.

Either there is no reason for them not to have included it, or I am
living with a false sense of security.  Can someone enlighten me?

Thanks,
Phil

--
"Trying to do something with your life is like
sitting down to eat a moose." --Douglas Wood