Hi all

I have a couple of straightforward questions on configuring the
gnome desktop under RedHat 7.2.

1. I have a .bmp file I'm using as wallpaper on my gnome desktop
and would like to use the "embossed logo" option under the gnome
control center because it looks cool.  I'm using gnome with the
sawmill window manager and letting the nautilus file manager draw
the home and trash icons on the desktop.

Unfortunately, the original graphic is getting written over the
top of the embossed logo.  I see the embossed logo as the sawmill
splash screen disappears after logging in, but then the original
graphic seems to overwrite it.

Anyone seen this?  Do you just have to live without embossed logo
wallpaper if you're using nautilus to draw the desktop icons?

2.  I've downloaded a couple of themes I'd like to install.  The
RedHat "getting started" guide says that I can open the theme
manager from the control center and click on "install new theme"
to install them; the new theme should then appear in the theme
list.  I do this and nothing happens.  Do I have to be root or
something?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Rob