On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 08:57:51AM -0600, Dave Sherohman wrote:
> IOW, the majority do _not_ favor reply-to: munging.  Nor do they
> disfavor it.  They're just too lazy to care.

then let us hold a vote on the issue. that way the will of the majority (at
least of those who care to vote) will be demonstrated; and we can say that
we at least tried to do something and weren't all talk and no action.
at that point the issue can be passed off to Herr Diktator Tanner; who will
promptly do whatever he wants. :)

as for me, count me in on the side of munging the Reply-To: header. makes
replying to the list much more convenient. I hit 'reply' to reply to the
list; and if I feel like personally bothering the original poster with my
drivel, as well as the list in general, I hit 'reply to all'.
these are the common cases.

in the uncommon case that I want to reply to just the person; I copy&paste
his address into the To: field.

I say optimize for the common case. This is a listserv, not a general mail
relay.

Carl.
--
Network Engineer