On Sun, 24 Feb 2002 21:48:59 -0600 (CST)
Daniel Taylor <dante at plethora.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, Joel Wickard wrote:
>
> > you honestly feel like they masterminded some plan in 1979 that
> would'nt be
> > fully implemented until 1994?
>
> Why not?
> For companies still under the reign of the founder long range
> planning is not unusual.

Sam Walton died about 10 years ago.  He himself was a great businessman.  His kids on the other hand...

Sam's philosophy like someone said before was that he took care of his employees and the customers.  His kids, last experience I had with them was that they were only after expanding and growing the Wal-Mart corporation.

I used to work for Sam's Club back in '90/91.  Not specificly by choice per se.  Rather, I worked for the old "Wholesale Club" which was eventually bought out by Sam's/Wal-Mart.  Ahh, the memories of looking at the $4000 pc's that were on the sales floor and wishing I could get one....

Shawn