Brian,

Well the impression I get from Wal-Mart is that their labor practices
and race relations are not the best. Some news reports I read allege
disregard for harrasment complaints as well as anti-union stances.

This could very well be wrong.

In any case this is not a disqualifier. It would be easier to convince
Wal-Mart to allow the LUG to set shop installing linux than to convince
Target to start selling OS-less boxes and then convince them to let us
set up shop.

In the case of Linux on would hope that a good success rate of
convincing people to install Linux would prompt other chains of doing
the same. Then this could be a bargaining point with Wal-Mart.

Of course, this is all premature I guess until we know for sure whether
we would want to approach Wal-Mart.

--
Samir M. Nassar
RedConcepts.NET - We Build Communities