"Jeff Schmidt" <j at 4dvfx.com> wrote:

> having just recently switched from Windows, I'm still not liking the way
> the mouse moves in Gnome.  I've tried adjusting all of the settings (all 2
> of them), but I can't seem to get the movement to the way I like it, which
> is sad to say, Windows-like.  Is there anywhere I can go to find more
> settings that aren't included in the Control Center?  I'm using E if that
> makes a difference.  I think I just really don't like the threshold
> settings.  It seems too erratic for me.  Even with it set as high as it
> goes.  thanks in advance

In my experience, mouse movements are generally just `different' and you
have to get used to it.  That said, there's probably a way to fix it.  If
you keep having trouble while trying to fiddle with X Windows settings,
you might try running the mouse through GPM's repeater device.  GPM has a
few more things you can twiddle, though I suppose it's not as easy as
moving a scrollbar in X.

--
 _  _  _  _ _  ___    _ _  _  ___ _ _  __   Vulcans have less fun.