Sorry for not being more clear on this.  basically what I'm talking about is this.  You have 2 settings in the Gnome Control Center for the mouse.  Acceleration and Threshold.  What I don't like is the Threshold.  I don't like the way the cursor will speed up depending on how fast you ve the mouse.  It doesn't move at the same speed you move the mouse at.  If you move the mouse slowly, the cursor moves VERY slow, but when you move it at an average speed, it will zip across the screen.  to get a good Idea of what I'm talking about, set the Accelleration high, and the Threshold low.  Even with the Threshold set high, you still have some slight cursor speed changes.  Hopefully this makes sense.  If not, I will just have to purge my self of the filth called Microsoft.

Jeff
  ?
    having just recently switched from Windows, I'm still not liking the way the mouse moves in Gnome.  I've tried adjusting all of the settings (all 2 of them), but I can't seem to get the movement to the way I like it, which is sad to say, Windows-like.  Is there anywhere I can go to find more settings that aren't included in the Control Center?  I'm using E if that makes a difference.  I think I just really don't like the threshold settings.  It seems too erratic for me.  Even with it set as high as it goes.  thanks in advance

    Jeff