Jeff Schmidt wrote:
> having just recently switched from Windows, I'm still not liking the way
> the mouse moves in Gnome.  I've tried adjusting all of the settings (all
> 2 of them), but I can't seem to get the movement to the way I like it,
> which is sad to say, Windows-like.  Is there anywhere I can go to find
> more settings that aren't included in the Control Center?  I'm using E
> if that makes a difference.  I think I just really don't like the
> threshold settings.  It seems too erratic for me.  Even with it set as
> high as it goes.  thanks in advance
>
> Jeff

Is your cursor being drawn by software or hardware?  This is a setting
in your XF86Config(-4) file (usually in /etc/X11) under your video card
settings.

usually something like (read the man page for the driver for your card):
Option "HWCursor" "1"  or "true" or "y" or "on"
or the inverse:
Option "SWCursor" "0"  or "false" or "n" or "off"

This can make a big difference.

Eric