On Wednesday 20 February 2002 10:22 am, Ben Lutgens wrote:

<snip>
> Please, please, please document your efforts and either post them, or
> prepare a presentation on this subject.
<snip>
> I'm going to try and slap a box together today to start testing on so if
> you'd like to collaborate our efforts let me know and we can correspond
> off-list untill we reach a resolution.

I will certainly do what I can to offer my experiences.  However, I must warn
you, I have little experience with Linux based IMAP servers.  I have been
doing a fair amount of research into this matter prior to the announcement by
Bynari, but have not implemented anything "real" yet.  I assist in the admin
duties of our entire network, including the Exchange server.  Because of
consolidation we may eventually move to a Novell Netware/Groupwise system
with a plugin for Outlook.  I would like to avoid that (I don't know shit
about Novell).  This is a "proof of concept" experiment I plan to demonstrate
and hope to implement.

While Outlook is bloated and 90% of users simply use the email client
capabilities, it is a "standard" in our work environment.  For those other
10% of users I need to support groupware.

I will begin work on this project in the next week or so.  Thanks for your