On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 10:29:14AM -0600, Nate Carlson wrote:
>Messages already have the right headers.. ie:

>Nothing there that identifies a mailing list, eh?  :)

Like I said, busted auto responder. What I do is the following in my exim
config "vacation" director.

#---snip exim runtime config
vacation:
  driver = localuser
  transport = uservacation
  require_files = ${home}/.vacation.msg
  # do not reply to errors or lists
  senders = "! ^.*-request at .*:\
              ! ^owner-.*@.*:\
              ! ^postmaster at .*:\
              ! ^listmaster at .*:\
              ! ^mailer-daemon at .*"
  # do not reply to errors and bounces or lists
  condition = "${if or {{match {$h_precedence:} {(?i)junk|bulk|list}} \
                        {eq {$sender_address} {}}} {no} {yes}}"
  # carry on checking regardless of the outcome of this  director...
  unseen
  no_expn
  no_verify
  user = ${local_part}
#---- end exim runtim config snip

So you see, it's not really that difficult. This particular auto responder
checks for the existance of a .vacation_message and acts accordingly, it
doesn't use any thirdparty binary or a shell and as you can see above,
won't respond to addresses it shouldn't respond to. It also keeps track of
what addresses it responds to and won't respond to them again.

Simple really. God damn I love exim.

--
Ben Lutgens		http://people.sistina.com/~blutgens/
Sistina Software Inc.

pub  1024D/9A0DDC59 2001-12-12 Ben Lutgens <blutgens at sistina.com>
     Key fingerprint = 8FCD A1EE CEA7 DEE1 9361  F32C 0A90 30D1 9A0D DC59
sub  1024g/1FC75C99 2001-12-12