On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 12:10:23AM -0600, Eric Estabrooks wrote:

>I don't think that is completely right.  The ld.so.conf is for run time
>location of shared libraries not for compile/link time location of
>libraries.  So you should add them to the ld.so.conf and run ldconfig so
>that the system can find the libraries but you'll still need to have the
> -I and -L options for compiling.

As treebeard would say: "Hroom, hmmmm I was too hasty!"

You're right of course, I was thinking of the LD_PRELOAD_PATH kludge. My
bad.

--
Ben Lutgens		http://people.sistina.com/~blutgens/
Sistina Software Inc.

pub  1024D/9A0DDC59 2001-12-12 Ben Lutgens <blutgens at sistina.com>
     Key fingerprint = 8FCD A1EE CEA7 DEE1 9361  F32C 0A90 30D1 9A0D DC59
sub  1024g/1FC75C99 2001-12-12