Ben Lutgens wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 17, 2002 at 10:13:02PM -0600, Florin Iucha wrote:
>
>>>What do I need to do to make this file know to the world.
>>>
>>Maybe add -I/usr/local/include to the CFLAGS and -L/usr/local/lib to
>>LDFLAGS?
>>

> While correct, this is little more than a "band-aid" a temporary solution.
> The best course of action is to inclue the paths in /etc/ld.so.conf and run
> ldconfig. This way it won't be an issue if a month down the road you elect
> to link another application against the shared objects.

I don't think that is completely right.  The ld.so.conf is for run time
location of shared libraries not for compile/link time location of
libraries.  So you should add them to the ld.so.conf and run ldconfig so
that the system can find the libraries but you'll still need to have the
  -I and -L options for compiling.

Eric