On Sun, 2002-02-17 at 07:43, Terry Houle wrote:
> Probably a dumb question but wondering if the operating time running on
> battery is any longer if I am using Linux vs. Windows. I realize it would
> depend on the applications being run but to assume essentially equal.  Just
> trying to understand if Linux is more efficient as does not demand as many
> resources.

In my experience, it seems to be a bit shorted in Linuz than Windows. My
guess is that Linux never really lets the hard drive stop spinning, and
so it is constantly drawing more power than Windows, which will allow
the disk to spin down if I set it to do so in the power management
settings. Now, there may well be the same type of capability in Linux. I
just have never really bothered to check into it.

Dave
--
Beware the wrath of dragons, for you are crunchy, and good with ketchup.