I am not whining about the list, I am actually quite please with how it
works.

At the risk of getting massively flamed for not knowing why this won't work;
this
looks like a problem I see in real time systems from time to time. If you
have a
large ongoing task and a simple infrequent task you can speed up the little
task
lots and still get good overall throughput.

Observation 1) I have picked up that the TCLUG list is a very light load for
the host system.
Observation 2) The injection task is already slated to take a very long time
so a few days added to
the overall task time may be acceptable.
Conjectural question) In practical terms, is it possible to gate off the
kernel injection task using cron from
time to time, say every hour until the TCLUG message queue is empty?

Mark Browne