Lee J. Behrens said:
> Well, as various people have reported in various posts, something
> odd is obviously going on with the list.....

the only thing unusual that i have noticed is that the list has been
peppier in the past week or so...

> 1. Some posts are dated from months ago.

old mail stuck at the botton of the mail queue would be my guess...

> 2. Some people report their posts don't show up until hours or
> days later, well after other posts with later timestamps arrive
> on the scene.

they way i understand it is this: the mail queue fills up, new mail
get stored in a temp location until it can be queued for sending, the
queue empties a bit but before the stored mail can be recovered new
mail comes in and fills the queue again,

> 3. Some people report their posts never show up.

probably sent from an unlisted email, or they are stuck in question 2

> Is there a hardware problem, like a drive dying a sloooow death?

no, just a busy box...

> Lee Behrens

 -munir

> P.S. In addition to this post, I sent two others 8 Feb 2002 10:53
> AM CT and 9 Feb 2002 12:29 AM CT that have not yet appeared on
> the list.

if you need answers NOW the #tclug on irc.openprojects.net is the
best bet.