I'm trying to install SGI's Virtual Workstation Edition 3.1 on my Red Hat 7.1 system, hoping that maybe this way I can get my SGI VR3 Quadro to work properly.  (I've already tried the nVidia drivers with no luck)  I've downloaded all of the files, and followed all of their instructions and everything has worked so far, but now I have a .iso file but no burner in my machine, so I can't put it on CD.  It says I can mount the ISO with a loopback device.  Here are the instructions from the SGI site:

Option #2 (requires nearly 1 GB of disk space):
  1.. Mount the ISO image as a loopback device with the following command:

  # mount -o loop VWE3.1.iso /mnt/VWE

    Note: /mnt/VWE in the above command is the mount point and can be replaced with any directory of your choice.
  2.. Change to whatever directory you used as your mount point, and then run the INSTALL script.
but when I try this, I get the following message:

Could not find any loop device, and, according to /proc/devices,
this kernel does not know about the loop device.
(If so, then recompile or 'insmod loop.o')

I'm running 2.4.17, but I don't know where in make xconfig to find anything about loop devices.  Would anyone be able to tell me how to go about taking care of this?  Thanks for any help

Jeff Schmidt