All right.  I've stated before how I would consider a Linux desktop, except
it would cause me issues with games that only work under Windows, and thus I
was staying with Windows and the Outlook e-mail client because it really is
the most functional desktop e-mail client for my needs.  But, I had (made)
some time to tinker.  I've set up Cygwin/XFree86 on my Windows box.  I'm
running an rhost-ed instance of my Linux desktop on the X server on my
Windows box, essentially putting a Linux desktop on my primary PC, which
allows me to keep my games for running under Windows, and still use my Linux
desktop apps without moving to a different console.

And, I'm just writing to say that it's great!  I'm in the process of
converting my Outlook .pst file to KMail mbox format, which is a less than an
exact science using LibPST v0.2beta1
(http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=18756&release_id=74639),
but it will be functional enough to get most of my mail moved out of the
proprietary .pst format, which makes me *very* happy.

Now, what is the best text-based e-mail client that can use the same mbox
files as KMail, for when I'm accessing mail remotely.  I know there are a lot
of them...but what are people's favorites and what features make your
favorite work best for you?

Dan