Kremer <kremer at ringworld.org> wrote:

> my problem is that in order to upgrade the firmware, it is standard to use
> zmodem to send the new firmware image to the RAID controller.  from what
> I've gathered, sz should send the image, but all sz does is blurt out the
> same output that i last got in my minicom screen, and hang itself.
> if anyone does anything of the sort, could you tell me if this command
> looks right.  from reading the man, it looks like this should be right,
> but I may lack fundamental knowledge of the zmodem protocol, or something
> like that...
> # sz -b --zmodem <filename> /dev/ttyS0

sz, rz, and the [xy]modem commands generally talk to stdin/stdout, so
you'd probably want to redirect IO.  Not sure if this would work..

  sz file < /dev/ttyS0 > /dev/ttyS0

But at any rate, you should be able to send files with zmodem from within
minicom.  Press CTRL-A then S, and you should be able to pick the zmodem
protocol, then a file to upload.  Whatever you're sending to generally has
to be expecting a zmodem transfer, though..

--
 _  _  _  _ _  ___    _ _  _  ___ _ _  __   I Have To Stop Now, My
/ \/ \(_)| ' // ._\  / - \(_)/ ./| ' /(__   Fingers Are Getting Hoarse!