I could agree that it might be appropriate to have such vitriolic responses
to a simple announcement for TCPC on this list *if* it had been an
announcement about some Windows-specific topic.  It was for a meeting on
wireless networking, for crying out loud.  It's as applicable to Linux as to
any other OS.  It's of potential value to many Linux users, yet not a topic
that would necessarily be covered in a Linux user group sponsored event.  If
so many think that announcements like this should be labeled OT, I'm led to
wonder why you don't get up in arms when *so* *many* other discussions on
this go completely off topic, but yet are not labeled as such in the
subject.

Yikes.  As upset as some of you seem to be over having a couple of posts in
one week for something moderately useful to a potentially significant
portion of the list, you wouldn't think that many of the same people
lambasting these posts would be the same ones who just last week were
posting boatloads of *crap* to this list just because they figured out how
to add an extra header to their outgoing mail in an attempt to frustrate or
anger Outlook users.  Talk about *useless*.  I'm beginning to wonder if this
list is populated by 2-year-old kiddies or reasonable, intelligent adults.
Okay, I'll retract that.  There's only a very vocal few who are really
giving me the impression of the former...

Cheers,
Dan