On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 03:49:22PM -0600, Joel Rosenberg wrote:

> Oh, I think having a standard format for exchanging personal information is
> potentially terribly useful, but only if it's well-integrated with the way
> that people usually do things.  As one of those Linux wierdos, I'd love to
> have, say, a Perl script that strips them out of incoming emails and adds
> them to my Palm address database; as one of those Linux wierdos who isn't a
> programmer, I'm going to have to wait until somebody who has the skills finds
> the time and inclination.

Well, the job is at least half done. Here is a link [1] to a
little program that turn vcards into something that mutt can
display.  So that's an implementation for parsing vcards in perl,
now you just need someone who wants to put them in the Palm address
database. Alas, that is not me since I have no Palm Pilot.

  1. http://www.davep.org/mutt/