1st I would love to help out setting up the installfest networks, keep
me informed.

Now, heres my thought:

I have a Linux box setup as a router, with 4 Ethernet cards installed (I
can add a few more if needed) that we could use for other installfests.
I also have a few 10/100 Ethernet switches I could bring.  The router
can run DHCP, FTP, HTTPD, etc...

My thought was  having the router be the InstallNET backbone, with one
10/100 enet drop to each switch.  one switch per table.  Then if they
need more drops at a table than the switch has available, they just add
a hub/switch to the existing switch at the table (under InstallFest
NetAdmin supervision)

This setup would help debug network problems as well.  We would easily
be able to tell what enet port the problem is originating from and
isolate the problem if necessary.

This could also be a learning tool for others to learn from.  As an
installfest NetAdmin you could use this as a teaching tool to help
educate others with more advanced aspects of networking.

PS:  Someone though of adding something to the nametags at future
installfests to identify those who are “helpers” or “admins”,  great
idea.  I did the nametags you saw at the past weekends fest, and could
add other info to the tags if desired.  I would just need to know who
and what.

Any thought?

-John