On Tuesday 05 February 2002 00:42, you wrote:
> What settings are you using for your setup?  I've got it stuck in Ad-Hoc
> mode on both ends right now.

My /etc/pcmcia/config.opts file contains:

	module "wavelan2_cs" opts "enable_encryption=Y key_1=\"....." create_ibss=Y
network_name=\".....\" station_name=tux

(The above is on one line in the file; it's line-wrapped in this email.)

The /etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts file contains:

# Lucent Wavelan IEEE (+ Orinoco, RoamAbout and ELSA)
*,*,*,00:60:1D:*|*,*,*,00:02:2D:*)
    INFO=""
    ESSID=""
    MODE=""
    KEY=""
    ;;

(i.e., there are NO setting for these cards in that file).

These are both RH 7.1 systems; you may have to translate files/paths for
other distributions.