On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 04:29:51PM -0600, Bob Tanner wrote:
> Carl forwarded this to me, so I'm forwarding this to you. :-)
>
> http://crackmonkey.org/pipermail/crackmonkey/2002q1/025865.html
>
> In particular...
>
> Yes.  It's true that I run a mailing list that does not allow
> posting from Windows users.

I just hope it's not TCLUG.

>                             Many people complain about this, but in
> my mind I see it as no different than a restaurant or dance hall
> having a dress code.  It raises the bar for entry to the list, and
> ensures that users really want to be there.

The bar might be too high for lurkers that want to "feel" the
environment before taking the plunge. And somebody who posts a message
every other week is a lurker...

florin

--

"If it's not broken, let's fix it till it is."

41A9 2BDE 8E11 F1C5 87A6  03EE 34B3 E075 3B90 DFE4