ext3 has already been implemented in the current 0.1.1 version.  That's the
main feature that is differentiating it currently from Smoothwall, though,
as you said, when 0.2 comes out it will be completely rewritten with the 2.4
kernel and iptables.

IIRC, Mandrake's single network firewall is coming out with their new
version 8.1 (I think) literally in the next week or so.  The new version
will be based on the 2.4 kernel.  The current 7.2 version can be found here:
http://www.mandrakesoft.com/products/snf

HTH
Leif