On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 01:03:08PM -0600, Jim Streit wrote:
> Any suggestions on what I should use to replace it?  I like how easy
> it was to setup, and manage.  The installation is very small and has a
> number of nice features.  I don't need something that only fits on a
> floppy, but an installation that is less then 100 megs would be nice,
> and one that I didn't have to go and pick out unneeded junk.

The Linux Router Project (LRP) has been one of those defacto standard
starting points for many floppy-based firewalls.  The LRP website has
largely been ignored, and the documentation is far behind what it should
be.  I'm rather disappointed to find this out.  It does look like LRP is
getting some development, and there are always the older versions of the
software floating about.  For example, there's a very successful version
codenamed "Dachstein" at

    http://lrp1.steinkuehler.net

This developer seemed to be a bit more proactive about working on LRP
than Dave C. seems.  Anyway, browse the linux-router email list archives
from the main site:

    http://www.linuxrouter.org

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>                 | a.k.a. ^chewie