On Tue, 2002-02-05 at 12:02, Chad C. Walstrom wrote:
> Yep.  You have to disable telnet from the enabled prompt. ;-)  Open up
> your owner's manual and read the instructions. ;-)

If only I could *find* my documentation... Maybe I can download it from
Cisco...

> IIRC, it's something
> like "set telnet disable".

Got it. Thanks.

I would also recommend setting the remote IP
> as 127.0.0.1, just as an extra precaution.  I don't trust Cisco much.
> The 675/8 series has been known to have problems.  I would also do the
> same for the web interface.  Even when the web interface is disabled,
> your router still tries to answer HTTP requests.  Set the web interface
> remote IP to 127.0.0.1, and the port to something other than 80 or 8080.

Did this way back when Code Red appeared.

> Also, don't listen to Qwest tech support.  They have no clue what
> they're talking about.  You'll rarely find a clueful person there, but
> when you do, write down their name and extension.  Keep it like the
> treasure it is.

Yes, so I have discovered. But at the time, he seemed to know what he
was talking about, so I left it alone.

Dave
--
Beware the wrath of dragons, for you are crunchy, and good with ketchup.