> So, use it when sending mail to those who need to be enducated in
> Outlook's shortcomings.

And how do you know who needs to be educated?

Many of the people who post to this list make horrible errors in spelling
and grammar, clearly beyond simple typos. One could claim that English
speakers should be aware of these errors and their effects, and bounce
back mails with commentary on how things should be spelled or worded. Do
you think anyone would be pissed off by that?

Such presumption puts people off and closes their minds very quickly. Even
if you try to be polite, people will be offended or otherwise bothered by
either your choice of words or your attempts to push your message on them.
If the message is only some word *you* want to promote regardless of
whether someone wants to hear it, then header, attachment, or a whole
mail, then I don't see how it's better than spam.  If it really is
important to the recipients, you don't get through to them by pissing them
off. If you want to make a positive difference you need to get their
attention in a way that they'll respond to in a non-negative way.

> Personally, Bob can put whatever the hell he wants in his e-mail. If you

That's true for anyone. But if you actually have a goal, the reasons for
doing something like this should be evaluated in terms of the results you
actually get, not those you *think* you should get.

Andy (a different one)