> What do I need to do to convince Internet Explorer to accept
> an SSL certificate from a website that has been
> self-generated and not bought from Verisign, Thawte, etc.?
> Mozilla/Netscape will prompt you and ask if you still want to
> connect, but IE just decides to stop and prevents the page
> from loading (well, I most recently saw it on IE on MacOSX,
> but I think it happens on Windows boxes as well).

I had a similar problem. End users had about a fifty-fifty success rate
accessing a secure site that was using a cert issue by NT's certificate
management service. My fix was to generate a new certificate via
Netscape CMS. I never found out why the MS generated cert didn't work, I
was just happy the other solution worked.

-Chad