>> 2. No regularly scheduled discussion group (except beer meetings).  This
>> seems to contribute to little followup learning after the install
>> fest...kinda like "I got linux installed...now what?"

>So, what are you looking for? Meetings more than once a month?
>Monthly newby meetings to go along with the regular monthly
>meetings?  Meetings can be a bear to organize.

I think the newbie SIG is a great idea. I think if Jack and others want to
organize it, more power to them. I think it would add some additional value
to the people curious or struggling with linux. IIRC, we talked about Beer
Meetings for awhile, but thats what it all was...talk. I volunteered to
organize it and so now we have them. :)

I don't see why we need to have a formal relationship with the TCPC over
this, however. If the organizers think it would be easier to work with the
TCPC to create the SIG, fine with me. Either way it will benefit the
newbies. I'm sure that if you email Clay, he'll give you a place to add your
meeting info to the mn-linux.org.

~jacque